SFIA Foundation global ecosystem
The SFIA framework is generally updated every 3 years, any longer and a framework becomes very stale in what is a fast moving and rapidly changing industry. The SFIA Foundation has built the mechanisms necessary to coordinate a global consultation and to efficiently manage framework updates and enable cost effective translation into over 12 languages.
The SFIA Foundation operates as a not-for-profit global foundation consisting of the following:
- An international governance board - to ensure the foundation operates for the good of the whole global community
- A lean operations function - to manage the activities of the SFIA Foundation, provide essential administrative support and to coordinate framework update activities
- An international SFIA Council of industry representatives and SFIA expert users from 6 continents - to provide expertise and advice and guidance to the SFIA Foundation
- An international SFIA Design Authority board - to oversee and ensure the continued quality and integrity of the SFIA Framework and other assets
- An international user base and user group - to provide input to the SFIA Framework and a source of volunteers for updates to the framework and assets
The SFIA Foundation's approach is to ensure that the framework for industry is really built by industry and the SFIA Foundation’s role in this is one of coordination - mostly of volunteer effort from a great many countries.
To keep any framework alive and relevant it is necessary to ensure that it is updated regularly through real usage and, very importantly, in a timely manner. The SFIA Foundation global ecosystem is designed to achieve this. These mechanisms are reviewed and modified as necessary in line with industry needs.